Next week kicks off an event that every SMB should be paying attention to: National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM). The annual event started in 2004 和 is led by the Department of 首页l和 Safety (国土安全部). It’s a collaborative effort between the federal government 和 U.S. industries designed to help all Americans become more security aware 和 to provide the tools 和 resources needed to improve cybersecurity. As part of that effort, SMBs are encouraged to review their current cybersecurity environment 和 improve upon it to better protect their customers.
This year, the theme for NCSAM is Our Shared Responsibility, which is expressed in the 停止. 认为. 连接. ™ 运动. 一起工作, 国土安全部, The National Cyber 安全 Alliance, 和 The Anti-Phishing Working Group have put together a variety of resources for individuals 和 business that include tips sheets, 视频, 和 posters you can share with your employees. The idea being to ensure that your employees are prepared to face whatever cybersecurity threats may arise throughout the year.
With cybersecurity attacks on the rise, now is a great time to take steps to ensure your SMB is better prepared to protect against threats. And because we want our customers to safe, Advanced Network Solutions will be publishing several resources this month focused on the specific security challenges SMBs face. Hackers breached more than 14 million small businesses in 2016; we want to do everything we can to help you prepare for the coming security threats.
In preparation for October, a round-up of the Advanced Network Solutions cybersecurity blogs is in order. We’ve covered several topics over the past few months that may be useful in helping your SMB with everything from patch management to educating employees about the hazards of today’s cyberworld.
Most SMBs find that at the end of the day, they still need a few more hours. Cybersecurity doesn’t always have to be time-consuming. These two posts outline how you can improve cybersecurity in an hour or less:
- Six Strategies to Mitigate SMN 安全 Risks Right Now
- 7 安全 Practices to Teach your Employees in Under an Hour
- The New SMB Guide to Creating Effective Passwords
Underst和ing 安全 Threats
Cybersecurity threats evolve faster than your daily commute, so staying on top of what’s new today is tough to do. These posts outline the basics of different threats your SMB faces, 和 what you can do to protect against them:
- SMB 安全 Basics: Securing Your Mobile Business Devices
- What Every SMB Should Know About Phishing
- SMB Ransomware Attacks: Do You REALLY Need to Worry?
- SMB 安全 Breach: Have Your Systems Been Compromised? 你怎么知道?
From determining exactly what risks your SMB can tolerate to developing the program that keeps your business safe, eventually you must put some time into security management. These blogs provide information 和 tips to make security management easier:
- How SMBs Assess Tech Risks (Or Not…)
- Regulatory 合规 Isn’t an Effective IT 安全 Program
- How Remote 监控 Protects Your Business
- The Importance of Patch Management for SMBs
Backup 和 Disaster Recovery
你知道吗? downtime can cost an SMB as much as $8,600 per hour? And that unplanned downtime averages out to about 7 hours per incident? 可怕的,不是吗? No business can tolerate being down for long, so these blog posts provide tips 和 suggestions for reducing the likelihood that downtime will affect your SMB:
- Why SMBs Should Conduct Regular Backups
- Backups 和 Archives: How Long Should SMBs Keep System Backups
- Disaster Recovery Tips for SMBs
- Underst和ing Disaster Recovery as a 服务
- When is the Last Time You Tested Your Network Recovery Plan?
- Download Your Disaster Preparedness Checklist
Coming in October, we’ll cover additional SMB security topics on this blog, as well. Look for posts about:
- Underst和ing specific SMB security risks, such as malvertising, DDoS attacks, malware, 和 社会工程.
- Safeguarding your business with tools such as firewalls, anti-virus applications, 和 终端安全.
- The five most important elements of a cybersecurity plan.
- Creating cybersecurity policies.
To stay updated on new posts as they come out 遵循@ansolutions 在推特上.